APRIL 2016 Book published
An introduction to fish migration
Morais P & Daverat F (editors) (2016) An introduction to fish migration. Boca Raton, Florida (USA). CRC Press. 307p. ISBN 9781498718738
New non-indigenous species identified in the Guadiana estuary
Weakfish Cynoscion regalis (Bloch & Schneider, 1801) (Sciaenidae) is native from the northwest Atlantic Ocean, and a single specimen of this species was collected by professional fishermen in the Guadiana estuary (SW Iberian Peninsula, Europe) on June 16th, 2016. This specimen was identified by P. Morais.
Common Portuguese name
PAPERS PUBLISHED IN 2019
5. Baptista V, Leitão F, Morais P, Teodósio MA, Wolanski E (accepted) Modelling the ingress of a temperate fish larva into a nursery coastal lagoon. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science.
4. Dias E, Barros AG, Hoffman JC, Antunes C, Morais P (accepted) Habitat use and food sources of European flounder larvae across an estuarine gradient. Regional Studies in Marine Science.
3. Baptista V, Morais P, Cruz J, Castanho S, Ribeiro L, Pousão-Ferreira P, Leitão F, Wolanski E, Teodósio MA (2019). Swimming abilities of temperate pelagic fish larvae prove that they may control their dispersion in coastal areas. Diversity 11(10): 185. doi: 10.3390/d11100185
2. Morais P, Gaspar M, Garel E, Baptista V, Cruz J, Cerveira I, Leitão F, Teodósio MA (2019) The Atlantic blue crab Callinectes sapidus Rathbun, 1896 expands its non-native distribution into the Ria Formosa lagoon and the Guadiana estuary (SW-Iberian Peninsula, Europe). BioInvasions Records 8(1): 123-133. doi: 10.3391/bir.2019.8.1.14
1. Encarnação J, Morais P, Baptista V, Cruz C, Teodósio MA (2019) New evidence of marine fauna tropicalization off the southwestern Iberian Peninsula (Southwest Europe). Diversity 11(4): 48. doi: 10.3390/d11040048